Immediate Opening for a Human Resources Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
11th Hour Staffing Inc. is a family-owned-and-operated business that is passionate about recruiting, customer service, and our community. We are positioned to be your one-stop staffing resource for all your hiring & employment needs from entry-level to executive, spanning across all industries.
As the HR Manager for a Distribution Center, you will be responsible for all or part of the following areas: performance management; organization development; talent and succession planning processes; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; employee orientation, development, and training; onboarding; employee relations; employee communications; benefit inquiries; employee services and counseling.
This role will require you to be responsible for providing oversight to multiple locations and travel between locations will be required in Las Vegas.
Human Resources Manager Responsibilities:
Human Resources Manager Requirements:
- Be a trusted advisor to leaders and able to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly.
- Serve as a business partner with the on-site management team to effectively manage the HR function while maintaining compliance with industry regulatory agencies and company programs as well.
- Provide coaching to managers and employees to build capabilities aligned to the business needs.
- Administer training, employee relations, safety, compliance, benefits, employee retention, and compensation programs at the local level and implement corporate-wide, strategic human resources initiatives.
- Provide a comprehensive and professional HR service to all retail employees. Ensure that objective, consistent and up-to-date advice is given, and that best practice is maintained at all times.
- Promote and manage HR policies and practices proactively with managers.
- Identify opportunities for ways of working, policies, procedures, and programs to develop long-term strategies regarding employee engagement and retention.
- Oversee the recording and maintenance of employee information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations/separations of employment.
- Maintain records of employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Establish and monitor effective health and safety programs and administer worker's compensation program including the preparation and submission of claims (may also aid in accident investigation, as needed).
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations and coordinate legal issues with local attorneys.
- 6+ years of working in an HR role; 4 years working in an HR Generalist role preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Bachelor's degree and relevant industry experience, SHRM certification preferred
- Experience in various other functions of HR including but not limited to: Policy Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Compensation, Performance Management and Legal/Compliance is a plus
- Proven track record as a strong business partner
- Sound judgement and decision making.
- Strong knowledge of employment law, compliance and policy development and implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and training sessions
- Demonstrate sensitivity to confidential materials/issues