Immediate opening for a Purchasing Agent in the Dayton OH area.
The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for buying goods, services, and operations equipment at the most cost-effective rate possible to drive increased margin while exceeding high-quality standards.
- Learn & obtain a good working knowledge of complex manufactured products, parts and sub-assemblies
- Learn how to understand engineering drawings and key manufacturing components and verbiage
- Think through past usage, anticipating future usage and ensuring proactive purchasing practices.
- Follow solid purchasing policies and processes, purchasing raw materials, equipment, machinery and supplies, etc.
- Accomplish procurement of a wide variety of materials in the most cost-effective manner.
- Prepare and negotiate purchase orders with multiple vendors to ensure best pricing and on-time delivery
- Build a pool of vendors for each key part to ensure competitive selection
- Proactively ensure parts always have on-time delivery and, if necessary,
- Work with the Customer Care unit to respond to Customer contacts and ensure they have 100% satisfaction.
- Review and monitor requisitions, supply sources, supplies, quotations, terms, delivery, etc.
- Work with Vendors to assure a quality product delivered in a timely manner
- Drive contract negotiations and recommend vendor selection.
- Align with Material Handlers to ensure no unexpected material shortfalls ever!
Pay Rate: $15.00-18.00/hr Depending on experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred but not mandatory
- Purchasing, Negotiation, Cost Reduction Experience
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Great Customer Centric Attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Great communication on phone and in written materials
- Highly Process Oriented
- Extremely good with Excel Including Ability to proficiently use formulas and conduct V-lookups
- Good ability to adapt to ERP systems
- Strong typing skills
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Extremely Positive Attitude & Strong Team Player
- Very Trustworthy with a Good Ability to Safeguard Areas of Confidentiality