Immediate Opening for a 3rd Shift CNC Machine Operator in Dayton, Ohio area.
This role will require prior experience with CNC machinery handling set ups, off sets and tool changes.
Who We Are
11th Hour Staffing Inc. is a family-owned-and-operated business that is passionate about recruiting, customer service, and our community. We are positioned to be your one-stop staffing resource for all your hiring & employment needs from entry-level to executive, spanning across all industries.
- Able to operate CNC based equipment from the standpoint of loading, unloading and the cycling of the machine but not requiring setup or programming knowledge.
- Ability to read dimensions in fractions and decimals as well as convert them when required.
- Show proficiency in measuring parts with calipers and other measuring instruments to a level of .001” or .01mm.
- Show basic knowledge of cutting tools and tooling and proper tooling choices based on material types and operations.
- Able to make unassisted tool changes on basic stationary equipment.
- Ability to understand basic information driving work assignments and allowable hours.
- Ability to setup and safely operate basic stationary equipment unassisted while utilizing powered stock feeders or automatic functions and movements.
- Be able to read and understand detailed information from drawings to ensure that parts being produced are correct and quality standards are met.
- Show the ability to understand the proper use of gages to check thicknesses, angles, machining traits, etc. of parts requiring their use.
- Exhibit an awareness for safety and strive to maintain a well organize and safe work environment.
- Lift, move, push, pull, carry, or manipulate large and small materials such as wood, laminate, metal etc. weighing up to 20lbs frequently and 50 lbs. alone. Assistance is required with items weighing over 50lbs.
- Must be able to provide accurate counts of product being processed.
- Ability to catch parts and assist others in material handling operations.
- Ability to learn and operate basic power hand tools.
- Show efficient operation of basic stationary equipment such as drill presses, chop saw, table saw, presses, joiners, shears including setups and tooling changes with little assistance.
- Follow and understand the proper use of machine guards on all equipment all the time.
- Follow safe material handling practices when loading, unloading, stacking, or unstacking of all parts and raw materials.
- Maintain proper housekeeping practices daily including your work area.
- Be able to follow directions well.
- Display the willingness to learn.
- Continually work toward improving quality, productivity, and safety.
- Be well organized and have good attention to detail.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to read dimensions and fractions as well as convert form one to the other.
- Required minimum experience: 3-4 years of similar commercial or industrial mill work or completion of internal training program.
- Experience with various wood species and the types of machinery & equipment listed in equipment requirements.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate verbally and in writing information printed on blueprints, schematics and work orders written in English.
- Ability to safely operate hand tools and power tools without constant direction.
- Ability to identify different types of veneers.
- Capable of reading tape measures, calipers, verifying sizes, counts and dimensions.
- Forklift certification may be required.
- Ability to pass internal training program within proscribed time periods for each area.
- Proficient math and tape measure skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
11th Hour Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law protected by federal, state or local law.
11th Hour Staffing, Inc. will make a reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to 11th Hour Staffing, Inc. Contact Human Resources with any questions or requests for accommodation.
16.00/hr. + DOE
3rd Shift Schedule:
Sunday: 9:30pm to 6:00am and Monday - Thursday: 7:30pm to 6:00am. Overtime as required. (40+ hours a week).