View all jobs
Warehouse AssociateMiamisburg, OH
Contract to Hire opportunity for a Warehouse Associate in the Miamisburg, OH area!
This is a 1st shift position 10:00am-6:30pm Monday-Friday
Pay Rate $15/hr DOE
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for domestic and international product and material distribution within the warehouse ensuring accuracy and timeliness to all customers.
- Process freight documents and maintain auditable files.
- Process all international small parcel and pallet shipments using shipping software.
- Ensure physical shipment attributes match all required export documentation.
- Create all required export documentation including invoices, packing list, and all other required documentation.
- Ensure all shipments meet Blatchford international shipping guidelines.
- Maintain working knowledge of all currently hazardous materials IATA IMDG, and DOT/49 CFR shipping regulations and documentation requirements.
- Communicate proactively with customers/freight forwarders as required to facilitate transportation booking, shipping, and shipment tracking as required.
- Control and manage inventory levels
- Manage customer service requests promptly and resolve issues quickly
- Commit to all Warehouse KPI responsibilities.
- Contributes to team effort by executing required warehouse tasks as needed.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Responds promptly to the needs of the customer (internal/external)
- Performs related duties needed as needed by supervision.
- Consistently maintains high level of output according to company standards
- Adheres to Company Core Values
- Comply with company policies & procedures
- Provide regular and predictable attendance considering any rights to leaves provided by law or company policy
- Perform all essential job functions without posing a direct threat of harm to yourself or others
- High school degree or equivalent
- Experience with international shipping and customs. preferred
- Experience with warehousing and storekeeping in a busy warehouse environment
- Experience of working with quality-controlled systems, including good health and safety practices
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Ability to work with tight and ever-changing production deadlines
- Ability to integrate, communicate, contribute and thrive in a team environment
- Ability to interpret and follow an assorted number of technical/production tasks or instructions.
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to produce quality products by following the quality system
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Requires exposure to machines and chemicals.
- Requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity and a normal range of hearing and vision (with or without correction).