Temporary-to-hire opportunity for a 2nd Shift Packer in the Dayton, OH area.
· Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
· Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
· Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
· Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
· Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
· Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools.
· Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
· Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
· Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
· High School Diploma/GED
1+ year experience as a packer, assembly or similar role within a manufacturing environment
· Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
· Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.