SUMMARY OF JOB
Review customer documentation in the form of purchase orders, blueprints, and specifications. Identify customer requirements for use in creating a shop order and process plan for customer hardware.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a shop order and process plan for customer hardware by thoroughly reviewing customer documentation and entering data into the client's computer system using a software template.
- Consult with customers, sales representatives, engineers, and production supervisors as needed to establish processing requirements of customer parts.
- Clearly communicate needs to customers; answer questions regarding shop orders and the planning process.
- Collaborate with other personnel in the Order Entry Dept. to ensure shop orders are created accurately and in a timely fashion to serve customer needs.
- Visually inspect customers’ parts for conformance to purchase order.
- Facilitate the contract review process to ensure compliance of Client’s process plan to customer purchase order, blueprint, and specification requirements.
- Assist the Quality Assurance and Engineering Depts. by administering process plans for customer hardware using Client’s software.
- Tabulate planning-oriented information as required to support Sales, Production, Quality Assurance, and Engineering objectives.
- Drive resolution to outstanding processing, compliance, or billing concerns by working closely with customers and Client's personnel.
- Other related functions and tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years pertinent experience and/or training.
- Prior data entry, order entry and/or process planning experience.
- Prior experience reading and interpreting blueprint requirements.
- Able to type approx. 35 wpm.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Possess excellent attention to detail and be able to pass a contract review qualification test.
- Eager to learn new procedures and accept responsibility for execution of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be part of a high-performing team with a focus on customer service
- Take a lead role in effectively addressing open issues to serve customer needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.