|Immediate opening for a Temporary-to-hire Quality Inspector in the Dayton, OH area. This is a 1st shift position
Under general supervision: audits parts, products, processes, and materials to insure conformance to requirements using fixed and variable gauging; including CMMs. Compares parts or products to VISUAL ACCEPTANCE STANDARDS, SC-170, as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
· Assists in training of operators and inspectors regarding quality procedures and instructions.
· Audits parts and/or products using fixed and variable gauging; including CMMs.
· Audits inspections instructions (SC-15) to assure proper completion and correctness of the instruction.
· Maintains Gauge Calibration Program per calibration procedures.
· Assists with capability and gauge R&R studies as directed.
· Monitors controlled documents to current revision levels at the floor level.
· Compares parts and/or products to SC-170, as appropriate.
· Assists the tooling group in tool setup as required.
· Communicates clearly with co-workers and supervision.
· Clocks in and out per shift requirements and lunch scheduling.
· Knows and understands the Corporate Quality Policy and how this job interacts with these.
· Ensures own safety and safety of others by following all safety regulations.
· Conforms to and stays abreast of company policies.
· Commits to corporate goals, mission and vision.
· Audits parts and/or products to ensure conformance to requirements by performing routine and repetitive inspections, using standard instructions (SC-15), gauges and equipment.
· Submits at least one Continuous Improvement per year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· 3-4 years of quality departmental experience or strong mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to read and understand complex instruction.
· Ability to write legibly and communicate clearly to others.
· Ability to read blueprints, including GD&T.
· Ability to maintain inspection data in various systems.
· Ability to utilize all required inspection gauges; i.e. micrometers, height gauge, CMM.
· Must satisfy quality standards.
· Clearly communicates orally and in writing.
· Uses clear independent thinking.
· Must conform to current environmental standards.
· Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills.
· Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor.
· Lift up to 35 lbs.
· Exert 50-100 lbs of force occasionally.
· Exert 25-50 lbs of force frequently.
· Exert up to 20 lbs of force constantly to move objects.
· High noise levels from operating machines.
· Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts.
· Breathing fumes, dust, and mist.
· Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluids.
· Exposure to heat during summer months.