Immediate opening for a Shipping & Receiving Lead in the Dayton, OH area!
11th Hour Staffing Inc. is a family-owned-and-operated business that is passionate about recruiting, customer service, and our community. We are positioned to be your one-stop staffing resource for all your hiring & employment needs from entry-level to executive, spanning across all industries.
- Manage all aspects of material planning and material flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, and cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled accurately and on time.
- Analyze no charge instances to determine the root cause & determine how to correct if needed.
- Assist with hiring & training of personnel.
- Manage production processes through assembly of key products & packaging.
- Ensure packaging positively reflects high quality brand image.
- Develop and manage all supplier relationships.
- Assist with leading warehouse staff to operate and facilitate the daily work of the distribution center.
- Ensure packages are properly invoiced & processed daily.
- Establishes daily and weekly distribution goals and objectives and ensures high quality execution.
- Work jointly with Material Handlers, Purchasing, Factory Management & Engineering to ensure high-volume parts are available, accessible & ready for use at all times.
- Manage pickups and deliveries, using internal personnel, freight & ground transportation. This will include scheduling shipping & pick up of orders, as well as obtaining quotes for shipping as needed.
- Focus on continuous improvement and make recommendations to management on programs to improve the operations.
- Assess performance of personnel assigned.
- Assess and determine cycle time for machines.
- Perform other various duties and assignments as requested by management
- Experience driving efficiency, quality and improvements
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Distribution experience
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution) & superior understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team-oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver
- Must know how to influence bottom line results
- Must be a strong communicator & possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution
- Forklift Experience
Salary: $45k.-55k/Year DOE