Immediate opening for a temporary-to-hire Skilled Builder in the Dayton, OH area.
1st Shift: Monday-Friday 6:00am-4:30pm
Excellent opportunity to join a growing team. We are seeking someone with experience in wood-working, assembling, finishing and sanding of furniture.
Team culture is incredibly important, so above all we need people who are motivated, hard-working, reliable and excited about building and finishing furniture.
This position is a capable of reading blue prints and building fixtures of moderate complexity. Which may include lamination of plastics and veneers, also to include drawer and door assemblies and minor hardware duties. Familiar with all wood working equipment and processes.
- Responsible for assembling fabricated cabinets from pre-cut and kitted wood stock.
- Specific duties include obtaining pre-kitted stock and pre-measure components to ensure part cut accuracy.
- Use woodworking machines to create finished edges, boring or routing holes for the insertion of screws and other fasteners during assembly.
- Other tasks include performing finish sanding, installing drawers, hardware, (hinges, pulls, glass, locks, catches, etc.) and moving finish cabinet parts on a cart.
- Keep work area and aisles around you are kept clean and free from debris.
- Able to competently operate all power and pneumatic power tools as well as hand tools, per established list from crew lead.
- Glues, fits, screws (and infrequently nails), and clamps components during the assembly process
- Provides quality checks of personal assembly tasks as well as quality checks of all component parts.
- Able to adhere and meet budgeted labor hours assigned to work orders
- Assures that parts of subassemblies and finished product are labeled correctly.
- Returns all items and tools to their proper place.
- Packages finished product in accordance to specifications or accepted practice.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and adapt to varying assembly roles.
- Able to competently operate a powered drill and use hand tools such as tape measure, hammer, mallet, scraper, utility knife, etc.
- Able to log time and attendance on production computer.
- Must arrive and depart from work as per specified schedule. May be asked to work extended hours.
- Maintains professional attitude when approaching work assignments.
- Follows procedures in company handbook.
- Required to provide tools as required, per list provided, within the first 90 days of employment.
- Other duties which may be assigned on an as-required basis including: laminating or painting
- High School diploma and/or GED
- 3+ years of experience of wood manufacturing in the store fixture industry (furniture and/or custom cabinetry preferred).
- Able to comprehend instructions from a supervisor
- Ability to understand and comply with safety procedures and quality standards and print reading capabilities.
- Experience with various wood species and the ability to work with the types of machinery & equipment listed below.
- Experience using a table saw, staple gun, tape measure and similar type equipment/tools
- Excellent shop math skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide strings of 2 or more digit numbers; multiply and divide using 1’s, 10’s, 100’s 1000’s and fractions on a measuring tape to 1/32nd.
- Ability to work off of shop drawings and blueprints to determine product specifications to build and assemble
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds alone, 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, and walk >75% of workday. Ability to stand 8 to 10 hours consecutively.
- Possess a full range of motion of arms and hands with ability to with fingers, handle or feel articles to differentiate their textures.