Immediate opening for a Production Technician in the Dayton, OH area.
This is a 3rd shift position working 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Reads each part plan for processing requirements
- Accurately counts and controls all parts during the plating process
- Follows part plan work instructions for compliance and quality specifications
- Measures thickness and diameters for pre- and post- plate dimensions
- Selects holding rack according to size, shape, and number of objects to be processed
- Places customer product on racks and moves racks in a defined series of cleaning, activating, plating and rinsing baths.
- Monitors tank temperatures, solution levels and rectifiers of plating baths and records the data
- Removes rack from processing tank after specified time, rinses rack and applies post treatment as needed per work order instructions
- Dries parts and packs parts to prevent damage
- Bake parts prior to prevent damage or as specified by work orders
- Performs online inspections as required by work order to ensure conformance of product to customer specification
- Operates computer terminal to view orders, start and complete work orders
- Documents process and inspection data on part plan; completes required daily labor log; calculates productivity, surface area size and bake times
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong math and reading skills are a necessity
- Micrometer and/or caliper experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to change quickly in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills
Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
Regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or examine parts; and to reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. Requires vision abilities – close vision, color vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic, caustic or acidic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Starting Pay: $14-16/hr