Immediate Opening for a Receiving Clerk role in Dayton, Ohio
11th Hour Staffing Inc. is a family-owned-and-operated business that is passionate about recruiting, customer service, and our community. We are positioned to be your one-stop staffing resource for all your hiring & employment needs from entry-level to executive, spanning across all industries.
Receiving Clerk Responsibilities:
Receiving Clerk Qualifications:
- Oversee receiving and other inventory processes and personnel to ensure daily tasks are completed according to quality standards and established procedures. Provide backup and support when needed.
- Ensure training of current and new employees in all appropriate procedures and processes to complete work assignments.
- In the absence of the Inventory Control Manager, provide daily work assignments to receiving personnel, and work with managers and other supervisors to coordinate personnel and resources as needed to complete work scheduled for the department.
- Assist in the development, revision and enforcement of inventory management and procedures, including recordkeeping, work instructions, procedures, ERP inventory moves, and other operational and work practices as necessary.
- Oversee the receipt of purchased goods, complete transactions to receive products, process paperwork and complete all necessary transactions per procedures. Locate product to the appropriate area and ensure correct system move.
- Complete inventory transactions to receive, assign location and issue inventory as required.
- Serve as the Receiving point of contact for procurement, accounting and project management groups to ensure issues are promptly addressed and/or elevated to manager.
- Coordinate with procurement and inbound freight agencies to track, schedule and report inbound containers.
- Process inventory receipts and delivery requires, as required.
- Maintain as accurate ERP entries and other relevant records for correct inventory control and cycle counting.
- May be required to operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Participate in production meetings, present department-specific metrics or information, as appropriate.
- Other duties or projects as required by management
- 2+ years of receiving clerical experience is required.
- 3+ years of hands-on shipping and/or receiving experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to become certified for safe forklift use.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to be trained in the proper data entry and use of ERP system data.
- Ability to use basic hand tools for opening or closing crates and completing basic assembly tasks.
- Ability to read and understand written Sales orders, Purchase orders, Pick lists, etc. written in English.
- Ability to recognize and use proper camera equipment to photograph damage to packaging, products, etc.
- Positive attitude with customer focus.
- Establish and manage SMOI (slow-moving and obsolete inventory) disposal program.
- Perform daily labor edits for all production hourly
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force, occasionally or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
Pay Rate: 17+ based on experience
- High School graduate
Jacklyn Jaramillo, Staffing Coordinator
11th Hour Staffing, Inc
937-405-1809 / Main Office
937-405-1900 / Fax
: 4130 Gibson Drive, Suite D, Tipp City, OH 45371
: PO Box 24649, Huber Heights, OH 45424