Immediate opening for Direct Hire Opportunity for a Mechanical Service Technician located in Dayton, OH area!
This is a 2nd Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm or 6:00pm-2:00am
Provide mechanical support for plant manufacturing operations. Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair equipment to maintain operational quality and uptime. Work is of a technical nature and is performed under the guidance of a Skilled Trades Team Leader with higher level supervision provided by Skilled Trades Group Leader
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Follows diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Journeyperson status or equivalent experience; or basic mechanical knowledge and wiliness to be trained in industrial mechanical topics
- Associates degree or equivalent in ME, MEET or related field (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of mechanical concepts (pneumatics, hydraulics, etc.)
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to work any shift assignment, including weekends and overtime as scheduled,
- Ability to work in industrial environment, stand on concrete floors, and use standard tools associated with the mechanical profession.
Pay Rate: $25-28/ per hour DOE