Immediate opening for a temporary-to-hire Cabinet Builder in the Dayton, OH area.
Excellent opportunity to join a growing team. We are seeking someone with experience in wood-working, assembling, finishing and sanding of furniture.
Team culture is incredibly important, so above all we need people who are motivated, hard-working, reliable and excited about building and finishing furniture.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of completed products or work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Produce or assemble components of articles, such as store fixtures, office equipment, cabinets, or high-grade furniture.
- Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
- Set up or operate machines to cut, mold, or shape wood stock or wood substitutes.
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired or plan the methods or operations for shaping or assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Attach parts or sub assemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws, or clamps.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Attach decorative or functional accessories to products.
- Trim, sand, or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- Trim excess material from work pieces.
- Match materials for color, grain, or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of the wood.
- Compare physical characteristics of materials or products to specifications or standards.
- Perform final touch-ups with sandpaper or steel wool.
1st Shift, Monday-Friday with possibility of overtime required
- High School diploma and/or GED
- 1+ years experience with wood working, construction and/or assembly experience
- Experience using a table saw, staple gun, tape measure and similar type equipment/tools
- Excellent shop math skills
- Ability to work off of shop drawings and blueprints to determine product specifications to build and assemble
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs. regularly