Chemical Warehouse Lab Technicians
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Chemical Warehouse Lead is responsible for providing materials, equipment, and supplies by maintaining the inventory through receiving, warehousing and distribution of chemicals for production needs in the safest possible manner. Monitoring & mentoring staff whom interact inside of the chemical warehouse to ensure compliance to warehouse local, state and federal regulations and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Inventory control, cycle counting, maintain FIFO, housekeeping, lab coverage, cross functional support for production
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations
- Complies with federal, state, and local chemical warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintain the defined annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains controls of lab activities & requests corrections
- Provides training to employees related to the chemical warehouse.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience in logistics or related activity preferred
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills, preventive action/corrective action skills
- Forklift Training/Experience
- Chemical Handling Training/Experience preferred
- Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Microsoft Office skills preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee may occasionally be exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The Environmental Management system is designed to meet the requirements of ISO 14001. The Environmental and Safety systems here meet and exceed requirements from OSHA, the DOTA and the EPA.