Immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician in the Dayton, OH area.
This is a 3rd shift position working 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
We are seeking an experienced Industrial Maintenance Technician who is able to analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
MUST have experience supporting facility and maintenance equipment at a manufacturing site!
- Cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting parts, equipment, and machinery
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment
- Study blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery
- Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators
- Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary
- Record repairs and maintenance performed
Hourly pay range (DOE): $15 + $1.00/hour shift premium
- 2+ years experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Maintenance and repair experience
- 3 phase 480 VAC wiring, DC/AC motor controls
- Material handling systems and programmable controllers
- Electrical fork lift trucks
- Electronic controls as well as electric motors of various sizes
- Sorter systems including laser scanners and electronic controls
- Hydraulic motors
- Maximo parts inventory management software
- Allen Bradley Rockwell PLC experience
- Siemens PLC experience
- Ability to read technical manuals related to sorter and conveyor systems, lift trucks and forklift systems. And other equipment in the facility.
- Ability to read schematics and drawings
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide to calculate sums proportions, percentages as well as ratios.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems on malfunctioning equipment and to prioritize work orders and answer questions related to those projects.
- Ability to reach upwards, downwards, and sideways to work with small parts in equipment
- Ability to bend, crouch, twist, crawl as needed to access and repair equipment.
- Ability to walk and stand on feet for several hours at a time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders to access equipment.
- Ability to manipulate hand, electrical, hydraulic and other tools as needed.
- Ability to work closely to moving machinery and parts without incurring physical injury.